Language
  +420 573 341 641
  info@walmag.cz

History


The history of WALMAG MAGNETICS can be traced along two lines. It goes back to 1960 in the Czech Republic, when a magnetic technologies division was founded in NAREX. The American branch goes further back to 1896, when Oakley S. Walker invented the electromagnetic chuck and subsequently founded OS Walker company. Their road together starts in 1991. The diagram describes the entire history.

  1. O.S. Walker invented the electro-magnetic chuck

    1896

  2. O.S. Walker was founded

    1897

  3. Walker developer the first permanent magnetic chuck

    1943

  4. Acquisition Hagou N.V

    1955

  5. Walker introduced Electro Permanent magnetic chuck

    1960

    Beginnings of Czechoslovakia magnet tool production division of NAREX later PILANA

    1960

  6. Walker introduced the first Electronic Integrating Fluxmeters

    1963

  7. Walker MAgnetics Group Inc. was formed

    1974

  8. Starting trade cooperation with Walker Hagou Magnetics

    1980

  9. Brailon Magnetique was acquired

    1985

  10. Acquisition with Walker. WALKER PILANA MAGNETICS was founded

    1991

  11. Production and development of lifting magnets BUX

    2000

  12. New organization Walker Hagou Magnetics

    2004

  13. Stable production of Walker Magnetics products

    2010

  14. Change of name WALMAG MAGNETICS and WALMAg HOLDING founded. Czech ownership

    2011

  15. Investment into production facility 1mil. EUR. R&D starts

    2012

  16. Innovations and improvements introduced

    2015

  17. BUX brand relaunching with WALMAG MAGNETICS

    2016